Every cartridge is individually inspected, weighed and tested before packaging to ensure that it is filled with the correct amount of ink. This error message is usually the result of a cartridge that is not firmly seated in its designated slot. To troubleshoot the problem, begin by completely removing the cartridge from its port. Reinstall the cartridge by positioning it so that it snaps into place and is securely fastened in its slot. Keep in mind that your printer doesn’t actually read the amount of ink in the cartridge. Printer software simply estimates the amount of ink remaining in the cartridge by remembering the number of pages that were printed when the previous cartridge was installed, and using this information to estimate when your next cartridge should be replaced. If a new cartridge is installed before the printer driver resets, there is a chance that the printer may think that the old empty cartridge is still being used. To fix the issue, reinstall the cartridge and click on the install new cartridge option; you may have to refer to your printer’s manual for further instructions. Selecting the new cartridge option will indicate to your printer that a new cartridge has been installed which will then prompt it to reset the page counter. This should eliminate the error message. If further assistance is needed, please call us at 888-321-2552.
Articles in this section
- Why is my new ink cartridge not printing?
- How can I get dried ink out of my inkjet print head so I can continue to print?
- Why am I getting an error message when I install my new cartridge?
- Why does it say my cartridge is empty when I install it?
- Is it normal for my cartridge to read low or empty?
- Why does the cartridge I received look bigger than the one that's already in my printer?
- Will my warranty be voided if I refill my cartridges?
- Why don't you carry Epson refill kits?
- Does the letter at the end of the HP inkjet cartridge part number matter?
- Some cartridges come in big sets for example, 4 black and 2 of each color. Can the cartridges be mixed around within the set so that we can get more of one color than others?